Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Loving Kmart this week...

I tend to have a love/hate relationship with K-mart, I love when I can put together great deals but I sometimes dread the checkout line something always rings up wrong or freezes or something.  BUT, despite the issues that occur at checkout some weeks K-mart can be great for saving.

I have to admit I have been to Kmart a few times this week to get deals Ive been busy so the first set of deals I just put away but if I get some time tomorrow afternoon Ill post those deals I did, however tonight I snapped a quick picture of the items I purchased.  I spent $7.14 on all of this!!! I was rather impressed since I hate paying alot for makeup.

In all I got:

2 Containers of Purex
2 Scrubbing Bubbles
4 things of nail polish
2 bottles of foundation
3 lipsticks
1 package of oreos




So here is what I did... now I will warn you need plenty of coupons to make this deal work.

(3) Maybelline Lipsticks they are normally 6.99 I had seen a post on a blog from others earlier this week saying to check clearance mark downs on make up and so sure enough I found some (dont worry I got my eyes covered in an earlier purchase this week).  These were all on clearance for $1 each - and I used a $1 coupon on all of them so FREE!

(2) Scrubbing Bubbles Active Scrub these were 2.49 each, I had coupons that made these free and actually gave me some overage now I will tell you normally Kmart doesnt give you overage but my check out guy was a little goofy tonight and so I ended up actually getting the slight overage here to use against some of the other costs, so FREE!

(2) Cover Girl Foundations 6.99 Each they were running a Buy 1 and get 1 50 % off so one rang up as 6.99 and one had 3.50 taken off of it then I also had 2 $1 cover girl coupons, one bottle came to 4.99 and the other 1.50 after my $1 coupons doubled not bad you cant buy one bottle for that

(1) Package of Oreos - these were 3.85 BUT they are Kmarts special free item this week for rewards members whos cost prior to coupons exceeds $20 I think so I had a coupon to cover the full cost they were FREE!!! My husband actually complained we are watching what we eat but seriously should I refuse free items, the kids will love them!

(2) Sally Hansen Nail Polish .. one rang up at 1.99 and well the guy couldnt get the other to ring up so he rung it up for 1.00 I had $1 coupons again so the one doubled made that bottle free and the other stayed at $1 made that FREE so both bottles FREE!!

(2) Bottles of Rimmel Nail Polish on clearance for 2.24, I had a $1 coupon it doubled so thats $2 and I paid 24 cents

(2) Purex Laundry Detergents they are on sale this week for 3.99 however in this weeks ad there is a 2.99 coupon for rewards members limit 3 .. so that brings that down a dollar and I had 2 - $1 off 1 coupons to use on them one coupon doubled so that bottle of detergent ended up being 99 cents the other 1.99 since I just got the $1 off .. remember they only double the 1st 5 coupons. 

So grand total was a little over 9 but that overage from the scrubbing bubbles left me actually at just over $7 and I loved getting this savings!!

While I was out I hopped over to Schnucks to see what deals I could get there, I got a few things .. 2 taco seasonings for 39 cents, some deodrant for 50 cents a piece then some tooth brushes for 25 cents .. while browsing the isles yes I love to do this especially if I am by myself its relaxing I happened to notice the fun size packs of butterfinger things were marked down to $1 from 3.99 and I had 55 cents coupons .. so 45 cents for each bag .. check it out.  They were down on the bottom shelf in the candy section.

I dont actually like them but 45 cents I cant just let that go by I bought them and thought I can use for something, our soccer team, maybe my vbs kids not sure yet.



Well I better get to work for a bit, its been a busy week with VBS every morning, I need to post some of the pictures.  I love working VBS but every afternoon the kids seem to be wild and so I am getting very little work done after we get home daily.



No comments:

Post a Comment