Monday, May 7, 2012

Teacher Appreciation Week

Saying Thank You to those special teachers....

This week is teacher appreciation week and I LOVE to be able to show how much we appreciate the teachers that work with our kids day in and day out.   I absolutely adore my daughters teacher she is young, fun, and super creative the kids love her and she does so many fun things with them. 

Tonight, myself and another parent went up to the school to place some fun surprises around for the teachers.  We decorated the teachers classroom door .. its prob not my most creative work and I did find this particular door idea on pinterest but I have been so busy lately I just didnt have time to come up with something original or spend more time creating this. 



Then when she opens the door we have gifts inside, I love to try and do group gifts and try to make gifts personalized to someone and what they may like.  We decided that Mrs. Blackmon buys so many things for her classroom asnd kids that we wanted to stock up her supplies! That being said I had seen several supply cakes on pinterest, so we thought lets have parents donate a supply or two.. we ended up with 60 + glue sticks, about 10 bottles of glue, 12 boxes of crayons, 2 packages of markers, index cards, foam paper, glitter, glitter glues, pencils, sharpies, dry erase markers and much much more .. this tower is HEAVY!! On top we have a few gift cards for her too I hope she loves it - its so great to have other parents that want to spoil our teacher and helped to donate towards this great gift.  (Excuse the very messy play area in the background we have been running non stop for the past week or two so my kids have gotten away with the play area staying messy which if you know me I hate mess)



So if you notice there is more out than just that supply tower - cake, there is a book next to it.  A few weeks back the teacher was out and so I secretly arranged to work with the kids at the time they were working on adjectives so I felt I should use that in our project.  Each child was giving some petals and wrote an adjective about the teacher on each petal I took those petals and made a flower.  Each page of the book was created by one of the kids I cant wait to see what she thinks.


Then I had this idea a while back (thanks to pinterest) to make her a decorated stool, well she had a stool already in her room its nbot new and so Friday I borrowed this stool she thinks its being borrowed for an event at the middle school but I had the stool and painted some fun designs on each area.  I hope she likes the new fun look we gave the stool!!

Tomorrow I will post pictures of some of the other teacher and administrator thank you gifts we put together.  But for now I better get to bed I am helping with field day tomorrow!!

But be sure to thank your childs teacher this week, you dont have to go all out with a gift a simple thank you note or even a homemade gift to show you appreciate the teacher will be enough to brighten their day!

1 comment:

  1. That is a great idea! I wish I could figure out how to sneak in to decorate my daughters class! That is so sweet. I did something similar and the teacher loved it. Not only that but even if you just randomly bring your child's teacher a cup of coffee or something...they really do appreciate the gesture!!!

    ReplyDelete