Friday, May 25, 2012

I love getting some deals

I love getting deals, the excitement of making a great deal come together is so much fun for me.  So last night I did some shopping for groceries at various stores on my own to get in on some of the great holiday weekend sales on meats and other stuff.  I had stopped at Kmart and worked a deal but now they only double 5 coupons up to $1 a day for each $25 purchase so when I got up this morning I told the boys we would need to make a quick trip to the store.  Hannah is at her grandparents for the week and I will tell you my boys do NOT like to shop they generally fight over the cart and get loud so trips need to be quick and generally end up with me dripping in sweat from rushing but sometimes its worth it.

Today I worked a great deal at Kmart.  I used to never shop at Kmart but if you have time and can figure out some of the $ back deals along with using coupons well its a great place to shop. 

Today I spent $15.47 total and look at the stash I got!!!


So this took 2 transactions, here is what I did - YOU have to spend $25 in food and beauty to get 5 coupons to double up to $1 and be a REWARDS MEMBER, this is sometimes hard to work! I am very careful about working to have as much stuff that we will use for the value in my cart.

1st Transaction
 - NOTE the 1st 5 coupons of $1 will double, all the others were just used regular

(2) Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereals on sale 4/10 so $2.50 each and used a $1 coupon on 2 (coupon doubled)
(1) Brawny Double Roll Paper Towels .. yep these are those big big rolls on sale $3.99 used a $1 coupon (coupon doubled)
(1) Diet Pepsi $1 used a 55 cents coupon
(2) Kraft Salad Dressings $1 each used a $1 on 2 coupon (coupon doubled)
(1) Sunny D - no coupon but Mr C wanted some OJ
(4) M&M Snack Packs on sale for 2/$5 used $1 coupons on each pack (2 of these remaining $1 coupons would of doubled)
(1) Ground Chuck $2.99 If you purchased the ground chuck you got a thing of hamburger buns and cheese for free I was glad I went early my Kmart rarely has these items for the delas

So all these items came to $15.02 after I ran through all the coupons BUT then the M&Ms snacks have a $5 gift card deal if you buy 4 .. so I rcvd a Kmart Gift Card for $5 on top of this. 

So then I just turned around went back and ....

2nd Transaction

(1) 9 Packs of Angel Soft Toilet Paper its the ones that are like a double roll they were on sale for $4.99 I normally have a coupon but I had used mine last night so no coupon.

Total came to $5.42 with tax, I used my $5 gift card and I did try and pay for the .42 cents with the money on my Rewards Card (dont forget to cash in your $ earned on your reward card every once in a while) .. but because it was only tax the register wouldnt let me so I did have to scramble to the bottom of my purse in the midst of cars and crumbs from the boys stuff and find 42 cents.

Total cost to me $15.47!!!  Not bad if you ask me.. And all this done with 2 boys and before 9 am today.


So when I stock up on food and stuff I like to go thru and reorganize my pantry, my pantry is my favorite room in my house I had it designed to be large and to fit our freezer chest in it - so I am working on a few more organizing ideas in there, I just purchased 3 clip boards I plan to modge podge or do something too (1) will have a notepad on for writing items we need because I find that piece of paper on the counter always disappears (1) will have a menu list on it I find menu planning really helps us to use whats in the freezer and cupboard and save more since I know what I am making.  (1) will have a running sheet of my freezer inventory, my freezer is a chest freezer really not my fav type I find things get lost in there so I plan to make a sheet that will keep inventory of chicken, meats etc in there that way I always know what we have and what we may need if I see a sale coming on.  So the boards arent up yet but in the works.  However, Ill post a few pics of my pantry set up below.

This is the area behind my freezer chest and I hated having all those odd things all over my shelves so a while back here I purchased 2 over the door shoe holders they were under $10 at Walmart I trimmed them to length I needed and then hooked the top hooks over my wire shelving.  I use these for odd baking things and sprinkles, some spice packets, my crystal light packets and various odd things its nice because I can see everything and its kept organized which is the way I like things!



This is part of some of our shelves, everything has its area based on 1.  what Andrew can reach so some things are strategically placed in certain areas of my pantry. 


My boys love cereal can you tell?






Well I better get onto cleaning and playing with the boys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment