Thursday, May 24, 2012

Busy Times continue...

I feel as though I never sit down these days.  Summer school started for my incoming Kindergartener Monday, we still have soccer going on and I am trying to finish up our new sunday school room and get things finished for VBS. 

I thought I would post a few pictures of the work I have done so far in our Sunday School classroom.  We will teach Kindergarten kids and I really wanted to have a fun looking classroom I will tie in a safari type theme in to the weekly lesson plans so they can explore the Bible with us ..

The room is not finished and I have to say I am creative but my favorite site http://www.pinterest.com/ definetly gave me alot of inspiration.

This first board I love I saw a similar board on pinterest and recreated the look some I added dimension to the water by crinkling some layers under the safari barge and the leaves under the toucan I folded and crumpled and undid for some dimension.  The rainbow back behind was alreadyon the classroom wall and will have to stay there until the room is repainted.


One of the corners, the tree was super easy using a pool noodle $1 from the dollar store and $1 pack of brown paper bags just tied around, Hannah and I made some tree frogs on 1/2 green paper plates to sit on the tree too.


The brown zebra curtains I made do match the theme for the room there are monkeys on the vines the vines are actually some foam stuff from home depot its 97 cents then I twisted brown kraft paper around and tied in some areas with hemp I did try and just do twisted paper on its own but I didnt like the look as much the foam stuff just made it look better.  I need to finish some more leaves but I strang leaves on ribbon and twisted around the vines ..and those cute monkeys I love I twisted hands or legs to have them hang from the vines their bellies have various Bible verses on them.


I need to make a title for this board .. but I got these well done sheets at the dollar store$1 they have a grid on the lower part where you can add stickers or punch out and I will have some type of incentive for getting punches or stickers after so many the kids can choose from my treasure box.  The safari like envelopes I got at a school supply store for a few dollars and the tropical flowers are tissue paper and I love making those so easy.  The envelopes will have each childs name in our class on.


Just a view from our door, the other side of the classroom needs work and I need to do my birthday board and my ranger area.


This is our front door in the works.. I am thinking of a good slogan maybe Come Explore Gods word with us .. I need to add rangers into the jee and the top portion of the door I need to figure something out for.


So thats it so far hopefully I will show some more pictures in a few days of the finished classroom plus I plan to show our VBS in a few weeks I am so excited this year we have tried a few new things for VBS Ill share those when I post all the decorations.

Have a fun holiday weekend.. I know we are busy busy as usual, soccer games and practice, church picnic, and lots of things to be done around the house.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment